Today I made two big changes to my site. First of all (as you may have noticed) my domain name is now robspangler.com. That’s right my friends! no more confusion brought on by the dreadful m in rmspangler.com.
I’m putting my 301 redirect lecture to the test for all of my rmspangler.com URLs.
I was originally hosted on asmallorange. They treated me well, it was a very cheap and easy hosting solution, I just kinda outgrew it. Now I am hosted on DreamHost and so far so good! <plug> If you ever make the switch over to DreamHost make sure you use my promotional code: ROBSPANGLER1. You’ll get 10% more disk space, and save $20 on the 1 year hosting option.</plug>
The switch was _relatively_ easy; however, If you ever need to switch your Textpattern to a new host be sure you read Moving a Textpattern Install to a New Host. That saved me some time i’m sure. The only problem I ran into was that my Textpattern account no longer worked after I restored my database (even though I attempted to use the same username and password for my new install). I simply had to do some phpMyAdmin queries to straighten it out.